1.1K desirée potatoes
30gm Parmesan cheese, finely grated
½ bunch sage, finely chopped
2 lemons, zested
400-480gm plain flour
1 egg, whole
XY peas, freshly shelled (blanched???)
XY broad beans, freshly shelled (blanched???)
2 balls buffalo mozzarella, torn (??)
2 Tbs lemon zest, extra
1/2 bunch mint, roughly chopped
Extra virgin olive oil, to dress.
- Preheat oven to xyz.
- Place the potatoes (whole) on and xyz tray and bake for xyz minutes.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and cut in half, while still hot.
- Squeeze the potatoes into a food mill or mouli. Pass through gradually and place riced potato into a large mixing bowl.
- Add chives and lemon zest to potato, then gently incorporate the flour, being careful not to over-work the dough.
- Gently roll or press dough and cut into required size (ideally xyz)
- Blanch the gnocchi in a large pot of boiling salted water (in batches??) +++
- As soon as the gnocchi rise to the surface carefully lift them into iced water to refresh.
- Drain gnocchi and toss in oil.
- Pan fry the gnocchi over medium heat until golden on both sides.
- To finish, top each serve with fresh peas, broad beans, lemon zest, mint and mozzarella.
- Serve immediately (serves 6).