1.8 Kg Butternut Pumpkin (roasted/skinned/deseeded/hung)
1Kg Ricotta, hang over night
500g Smoked Scamorza, diced
200g Cavolo Nero (Black Cabbage)
50g Baby spinach
340g Pine nuts, toasted
2 small Nutmeg, grated
Sea salt and freshly milled black pepper, to taste.
- Preheat oven to xyz deg
- Roast pumpkin until soft and well cooked (about x minutes). Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Skin and de-seed the pumpkin, then hang the flesh for 24 hours in a muslin bag or paper filter. Keep the drained juice and set aside.
- (EXPLAIN??) Reduce the liquid to a glaze, then reserve to use on the dish later.
- Heat xyz olive oil in a XYZ fry pan over XYZ heat. Add cavolo nero and spinach and season. Allow to cool, then squeeze as much water as possible out of it using a clean tea towel.
- Combine pumpkin, ricotta, scarmorza, cavolo nero, spinach and pine nuts, mixing well. Season to taste.
(Makes approx 15 portions)
- 3 whole eggs
- 8 egg yolks
- 550g OO Flour
- ½ tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
1 cinnamon stick
5 carrots, grated
1 knob ginger, peeled and sliced finely
10 coriander seeds
5 cardomon pods
5 star anise
400 ml Vermouth
1L chicken stock
50ml vegetable oil
- Heat butter and oil in a med pan. Sweat ginger and spices gently and toast until fragrant
- Add carrot and boil (?) for 10 minutes
- Add vermouth , chicken stock and butter, cook for 10 minutes
- Strain through fine strainer then return to pot and reduce for 15 minutes.
Add 1 cardamom pod, 1 clove, 1 star anise
¼ of the Jaq base, reduce, add 100ml cream
Blitz and pass
- Blanch tortelloni till cooked,
- Heat pan with butter, once foaming, add sage leaves and tortelloni, to crisp slightly
- Serve with Jaquelin sauce, crushed Amaretti biscuits, mustard fruits and cress
- Drizzle a little of the pumpkin glaze over the tortelloni.
- 50 ml Jacqueline sauce
- 2 Amaretti Biscuits
- 2g chives, chopped
- 10g mustard fruits*, diced
* Mustard fruits is an Italian condiment/preserve made of candied fruit and a mustard-flavoured syrup. It can be found at most specialty Italian grocers and is often labelled in Italian as mostarda or mostarda di frutta.
- 20g herb salad with popcorn shoots (if available)
- 15g candied pine nuts/pumpkin seeds
- 20g herb salad
- 15g Crispy pumpkin
- 5ml white Balsamic vinegar
- 5ml EVOO
1-2 turns of peppermill & 1 pinch salt